Ten fleet professionals have been named to Government Fleet’s Public Fleet Hall of Fame. Honorees are recognized industry leaders and pioneers who have significantly contributed to the public fleet profession. To be eligible, they must have at least 20 years of experience in the industry, 10 of which must have been spent working for a public fleet or a private company contracted to manage a public fleet.
Inductees are chosen by a combination of industry professionals via an online ballot and Government Fleet staff. Staff will recognize the recipients of this award, sponsored by the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA), during the Honors Celebration at the Government Fleet Expo & Conference (GFX), which will take place in San Diego from June 2-4.
The 10 inaugural members of the Public Fleet Hall of Fame are:
- Richard Battersby, CAFM, CPFP, University of California, Davis; Contra Costa County, Calif.; State of California
Approximate Years in Fleet: 30
- Larry Campbell, CPFP, City of Fort Wayne, Ind.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 34
- John Clements, City of San Diego, Calif.; San Diego County, Calif.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 40+
- Bill DeRousse, Hendon Media Group; City of Everett, Wash.; Everett Transit, Wash.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 45
- John Hunt, CPFP, City of Portland, Ore.; City of Fresno, Calif.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 37
- Sam Lamerato, CPFP, City of Troy, Mich.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 39
- Rick Longobart, City of Santa Ana, Calif.; City of Inglewood, Calif.; City of El Segundo, Calif.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 31
- John McCorkhill, Jr., CFM, CAFM, CEM, CPFP, City of Lynchburg, Va.; City of Indianapolis, Ind.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 32
- Win Mitchell (deceased), King County, Wash.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 35
- Bob Stanton, CPM, CPFP, Donald C. Stone Leadership Fellow; (retired) City of San Antonio, Texas; Hillsborough County, Fla.; Polk County, Fla.
Approximate Years in Fleet: 38
Of the 10 inductees, one exceptional fleet professional will be chosen to receive the Legendary Lifetime Achievement Award. This award, also sponsored by NJPA, will be announced at GFX.