IMPCO Automotive is an international developer of CNG and LPG (autogas) aftermarket systems and a tier 1 upfitter for GM, installing the Silverado duel fuel system built in Ft. Wayne, at their Union City, IN facility. They are also a QVM for Ford.
March 10, 2015 | The approval of the 5.3-liter engine extends Impco’s “working class” bi-fuel pickup offerings to include all bed lengths of GM 1500/2500/3500 vehicles, as well as Ford’s F-250 in all cab and bed lengths, the company says.
The certification covers the Chevy Tahoe SUV as well as the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups.
The Impco upfits feature “adaptive calibration technology that insures a robust and durable product for the end-user, while maximizing the efficiency of the CNG,” Impco says.
“As General Motors’ primary alternative fuel system supplier in North America, Impco Automotive leverages its OEM expertise and experience to deliver the most integrated and durable product on the market.”
In addition to the GM model listed above, IMPCO also offers the following line of products:
- GM’s OEM offering-CNG Bi-Fuel 2500 Pickup
- GM’s OEM offering-CNG Dedicated 2500/3500 Express/Savana Vans
- Cruze Bi-Fuel CNG sedan
- Silverado/Savana 2500/3500 LPG Bi-Fuel pickup and bed delete models
- Silverado/Savana 2500/3500 CNG Bi-Fuel pickup, bed delete, and cab chassis models
- GM G4500 CNG dedicated CNG cab chassis models (mostly shuttle buses done in Union City, IN)
- Ford F250/F350 LPG Bi-Fuel pickup
- Ford F250/F350 CNG dedicated and Bi-Fuel pickup
- Ford F450/F550/F650 CNG dedicated cab-chassis models
- Ford E450 CNG dedicated cab-chassis cutaway models (mostly shuttle buses done in Union City, IN)
- Isuzu N-Series Bi-Fuel CNG cab-chassis models
For more information, contact:
7100 15 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48312